SONU SOOD FOR YOU- Donate Blood, Save Lives!
SONU SOOD FOR YOU - Donate Blood, Save Lives!
Year 2021 witnessed a scarcity of blood donors due to the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic. Blood banks throughout India reported difficulty in meeting blood requirements and also a dip in the number of annual blood donors.
Roughly, we fell short of at least one million blood units. The need of the hour is to raise awareness about the importance of donating blood.
Every year, millions of lives are saved because of donation of blood and blood products. Famous Bollywood actor, Sonu Sood who is known to play villainous roles turned out to be a HERO in real life. Sood Charity Foundation is leaving no stone unturned to make processes that make blood available for those in need through their online blood banks. Visit SONU FOR YOU to know more.
WHO NEED BLOOD?
Blood donated by you gives a new lease of life to many patients, for example, people suffering from cancer, accident victims, Corona patients undergoing plasma treatment and patients undergoing surgeries.
- It also helps in many cases of safe childbirth and maternal care.
- Blood donation saves lives during natural disasters and wars too.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF BLOOD DONATION?
- Lowers risk of cancer- It is clinically proven that regular blood donation lowers the risk of cancer. An excessive amount of iron in the body fastens free radical damage in the body which leads to increased risk of cancer. Regular blood donation helps to maintain healthy levels of iron and cuts down the risk of this deadly disease.
- Good for heart and liver- An iron-rich diet leads to a spike in the iron levels in the body. This makes us prone to heart & liver diseases as the excess amount of iron gets stored in heart, liver and pancreas. Blood donation done on a regular basis helps the body to maintain good iron levels and keeps many health issues at bay.
- Maintains healthy weight- People who donate blood regularly are recorded to have healthy body weight. Roughly 650 calories are burnt while donating one unit of blood.
- Give blood, save life- Blood donation can give you a great sense of joy and satisfaction. A single pint of blood can save not one, not two, but three lives. It is quoted by medical professionals that blood donors have lower mortality than non- donors.
- It is a good health checkup- Blood donors are screened very carefully before doing the actual transfusion process. They are ruled out for many diseases like Hepatitis B and C, HIV, Syphilis and many more.
WHO CAN DONATE BLOOD?
A person is allowed to donate blood only once in three months.
1. The donor must belong to the age group of 18 – 60 years.
2. Blood donors must weigh at least 45 kgs .
3. At the time of donation, pulse rate and body temperature must be normal.
4. Donors should not have high or low blood pressure.
5. A hemoglobin level of 12.5 grams is a prerequisite.
WHO CANNOT DONATE BLOOD?
- People with mental health issues.
- Jail inmates, drug addicts and people with multiple sex partners.
- Recent history of any surgery, typhoid, malaria, abortion or hepatitis.
- People with respiratory ailments.
- People with skin diseases.
Join hands with Philanthropist Sonu Sood and become a part of India’s biggest blood donation drive. Visit our blood donation website and continue to donate through our different channels and help save lives.
Donate Blood Save Life | Blood Banks | Sood Charity Foundation