SAMBHAVAM : WHAT CAN AN IAS OFFICER DO FOR THE SOCIETY?
WHAT IS AN IAS OFFICER?
HOW TO BECOME AN IAS OFFICER
- Prelims – Two MCQ papers (General Studies, CSAT)
- Mains – Nine theory papers (Essay, Two Language, Four General Studies, and Two Optional Papers)
- Interview – Personality Test
WHAT ARE THE POWERS OF AN IAS OFFICER?
IAS OFFICERS POWERS AND DUTIES
- An IAS Officer joins the state administration at the sub-divisional level and as a sub-divisional magistrate looks after general administration and development work as well as law and order in the areas under his/her control.
- The post of the District Officer variously known as District Magistrate, District Collector or Deputy Commissioner is the most esteemed and distinguishable post held by the members of the service.
- At the district level, IAS officers are mainly delegated with district affairs, including the implementation of developmental schemes.
- They actively play an important role in the State Secretariat or as Head of Departments or in Public Sector Undertakings.
- They supervise daily affairs of the government including forming and implementing policy after consulting the minister of the concerned ministry.
- They regularly travel to places where the policies are being implemented.
- They are held responsible and accountable for the expenditure of public funds on the implementation of policies.
- IAS officers make valuable contributions in the process of policy formulation and decision-making and the final shape before presenting it to the concerned ministry or the cabinet.
WHAT CAN AN IAS OFFICER DO FOR THE SOCIETY?
The role of an IAS officer in society depends on his/her posting and their respective department.
- State Secretariat/Public Sector Undertakings
- Central Secretariat
Sood Charity Foundation is playing their role in assisting IAS aspirants through SAMBHAVAM, a platform which provides free IAS scholarship. Sonu Sood free IAS coaching leaves no stone unturned in preparing IAS aspirants to crack the UPSC exam so that they can play a key role in building a better society.